Which factors affect the value of Verge (XVG) and what is the expected future of this widely known privacy cryptocurrency?
Verge (XVG) is a privacy cryptocurrency, which was created focusing on secure and anonymous transactions. Its name was originally DogeCoinDark in 2014 and became Verge in February 2016. Down from February 2018, XVG is among top 50 cryptocurrencies in terms of market capitalization.
There are other successful privacy coins, which indicates a demand in the market for anonymous cryptocurrencies. However, is Verge suitable to benefit from these potential opportunities? Let’s go deeper.
Predictions for Verge price
Cryptocurrencies are known for their volatility and may experience quick uprises and downfalls in small amount of time periods. These assets are also substantially complex, and there are a number of factors which may affect the values of coins or tokens.
Noting this, it’s important that before any investment, you should take all the risks and benefits into account regarding the cryptocurrency. If you’re up to buy Verge, please note the following:
What could possible motivate the growth of Verge?
- Demand. After Bitcoin was created, it’s evident that some cryptocurrency users are interested with a coin offering confidential and anonymous transactions. The growth in other privacy-based coins, like Monero (XMR) and Dash (DASH, also projects this condition.
- Availability. The potential buyers consider a cryptocurrency more legitimate and credible when they’re listed in more exchanges. And the currency is easier to be bought when the number of listings are relatively large, we highly recommend you to consider the number of excanges currently listing Verge.
- Regulations. The legislators tend to get integrated to the quickly growing digital currencies and we are familiar with frequent media reports indicating crackdowns in cryptocurrency trading. The new regulations may create an extra demand for coins such as Verge in people who look for a way to get over legal and tax limitations.
- Recognition. The recognition of Verge is of utmost importance for its value. There is a list of real-world vendors accepting XVG on Verge’s website.
- Future. Any developmen and upgrade in future could possibly affect the practicality of coins. For instance, the Rootstock project by Verge is intended to add a sidechain to Verge for smart contracts. It’s planned to be completed in the first quarter of this year.
Is it possible for Verge to be compromised?
- Competitors. There are several privacy coins in competition for market share. Verge’s adoption could be limited by other coins such as Monero, Dash, PIVX (PIVX), Zcash (ZEC), and Nav Coin (NAV).
- Illegal use. Privacy-oriented coins are under the risk of being associated with illegal activities. For instance, there has been extensive media reports on the links between privacy coins and online criminals, and the potential use of privacy coins for money laundering by countries have been emphasized by some of the commentators. These connections could compromise the public understanding of cryptocurrencies like Verge.
- Regulations as a threat. Although regulatory changes may result in opportunities for Verge, they may turn out to be a threat. If the future buyers are afraid of strict legislations headed for privacy cryptocurrencies, they will avoid buying these currencies.
- Still developing. Verge’s technology is yet under development and updated regularly, thus there is some uncertainty about the future of XVG’s value. Although there are foundations backing most of the modern crypto projects, some anonymous developers are who support Verge as an open-source project.
- Supply. On February 23, 2018, CoinMarketCap indicated that Verge’s circulation supply is 14,628,427,635 XVG. The total value of the supply is 16,555,000,000 XVG.
Where to buy Verge
What is next for Verge?
Note that you should consider future upgrades, improvements, and releases scheduled by the development team in order to forecast the future movements of cryptocurrencies. Verge project’s benchmarks planned for the first quarter of 2018 are as follows:
- I2P Android Wallet. This is intended for anonymous mobile transactions over the I2P network.
- Mining update. This update is planned as follows: “XVGui Miner, Official Mining Pool, Mining Guide”.
- RSK smart contracts. This is known as the Rootstock project and will add a sidechain to Verge for smart contracts.
- New website. The website will be redesigned for new how-to guides, an updated plan, an official core member listing, and an official Verge news blog.
There are numerous coins offering private and anonymous transactions against Verge. Some of them are as follows:
- Monero (XMR). This is a decentralized currency, which is also open-source, intended for security, privacy, and untraceability. It is among top 20 coins in terms of market capitalization.
- Dash (DASH). Dash is intended for instant and private payments and regularly listed in top 10 coins by market capitalization.
- PIVX (PIVX). PIVX, relying on Zerocoin protocol, is ready to provide security, privacy, and low transaction fees.
- Zcash (ZEC). ZEC has a ground place in the top 50 coins in terms of market capitalization.
- Nav Coin (NAV). This is a Bitcoin-based cryptocurrency intended for faster transactinos, minimum fees, and private transaction options.
Beyond 2018: How will Verge’s future get shaped?
The future cannot be accurately predicted in this developing world of cryptocurrencies, thus it’s hard to say what will arise after 2018 with regard to Verge.
Among pros is the certain demand for privacy coins in the cryptocurrency community. If Verge gets its recognition improved, then growth will be inevitable.
On the other hand, the Verge’s price is mainly threatened by two factors for reviving again. First, the regulatory amendments which may result in benefits or severe risks for all privacy coins between two fires.
And the second is competitors within the market. There are a number of actors in the privacy coin sector, and a lot of currencies are directly competing with Verge. We are impatiently waiting to see the future, especially within 12 months.
The Verge project has a potential with its advantages including but not limited to the privacy coin popularity, listing on numerous exchanges, and continuing development. On the other hand, there is always a risk for illicit transactions with those currencies offering anonymity. Besides there are a number of privacy coin projects strictly competing with Verge.
Noting this, please take a closer look at Verge’s pros and cons and other factors which may positively affect its price before investing in XVG.