Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA Security) is an associate-level certification that validates one’s skills in securing Cisco networks. This certification is a validation of a professional’s capabilities in recognizing, and mitigating security threats and vulnerabilities to networks. Attaining this certification requires you to have a prerequisite which may be any valid CCENT (Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician), CCNA Routing and Switching, or any CCIE (Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert) credential. To be relevant to the ever-evolving IT industry, you need to recertify your CCNA Security credential after a period of three years.
How to get certified
Qualifying for the CCNA Security certification involves passing a 90-minute IINS 210-260 exam that contains about 60-70 assessment questions. For this exam, candidates are tested for their knowledge related to securing network infrastructures, understanding core security concepts, secure access management and intrusion prevention. Either, this exam demands a demonstration of your top-notch skills in the installation, monitoring and troubleshooting of networks in order to maintain their integrity and availability. To help you sharpen your skills we will highlight on how PrepAway will be your great resource for exam preparation, but first, here are some reasons why you should obtain the CCNA Security certification.
Reasons to be certified
- Certification is considered as the best way to jump-start your career as an IT professional. Although it doesn’t mean that you can’t get a job without certification, having one greatly facilitates the process. As hiring managers move through the filtration process while looking for employees you will stand out through the stages that consider certifications. This makes you even more visible and may help you get hired faster. Furthermore, most employers admit to being more attracted to certified professionals than their uncertified counterparts. If you are a practicing professional, the CCNA Security credential also got your hand since it gives you the opportunity to advance your skills through its hierarchical certification path and become a guru in securing Cisco networks.
- The CCNA Security certification is the back-up you need to support what is in your resume. A simple declaration of the skills you possess may not be strong enough but having a certification alongside proves you possess the skills declared. Note that Cisco certifications are widely accepted globally and hence they unlock many opportunities for you, regardless of your location.
- In this modern era that experiences a relatively fast transitioning of technologies, organizations are concerned about whether employees possess the correct information regarding the technologies they are using. This is where your CCNA Security certification will come in handy since Cisco always ensures that your skills are relevant and up-to-date. Therefore, the organization will be more confident to hire and retain you.
- During the process of achieving your certification, you will be exposed to different technologies that help you build a solid technical influence. You will then be able to make a notable contribution to your organization and earn yourself respect and honor at the workplace. Moreover, you will acquire important non-technical skills such as the ability to be innovative in your approach to searching for and providing solutions to technical problems. Professionals with this capability are held with high regard and viewed as important assets to the organization.
- Your career growth will take a fast pace when you have the CCNA Security credential. You will be able to get that promotion you’ve been aiming for a long time. In addition to this, many organizations offer greater salaries and lucrative incentives to certified professionals. Seeking to take a fatter paycheck home? Your Cisco certification is definitely what you need!
Tips to passing IINS 210-260 Exam
In order to enjoy the benefits that your CCNA Security certification will bring to you, you must first pass its exam. Below are some preparation guidelines:
- Obtaining e-learning materials from Cisco’s official website which allows you a self-paced learning experience. Visit the Cisco online content store and have access to practice exams together with other useful learning materials. Also, the Cisco Press publishes authorized content for use in the preparation of 210-260 exam.
- Learning by an instructor. You can enroll for Cisco’s training program and be assigned to a trained instructor who will help you through the CCNA Security 210-260 exam preparation course.
- Joining a study group at Cisco’s learning network. This gives you an opportunity to interact and share ideas with other candidates and professionals. This interaction might be useful to clear up some of the concerns you may have during the exam preparation period.
- Finally, despite relying on the content available from Cisco, it is also important to use other resources for proper exam preparation. As such, obtaining 210-260 exam dumps from PrepAway is the best way to go. PrepAway is trusted by many as a reputable site where you can download useful dumps free of charge that will help you pass your exam with high marks.
Having the Cisco CCNA Security certification is your official stamp for associate-level knowledge and skills required to secure Cisco networks. This credential is beneficial for you, especially if you are aspiring to develop a career as a network security specialist, security administrator or a network security support engineer. Now that obtaining the CCNA Security certification has been made easier by PrepAway, there’s no reason to wait any longer. Take your chance!